Almond Breeze Bread
Yields 1 loaf of bread
- 1 ¼ Cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 – 3 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or 1 beaten egg (to brush bread top before baking)
- Almond flakes for garnish
- Heat milk to lukewarm (do not boil) and add coconut oil.
- Add yeast to the milk while whisking with a fork, until dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of flour to milk mixture and mix until batter becomes smooth.
- Add egg, sugar, salt and remaining flour to form a sticky dough.
- Knead sticky dough for 4 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Shape dough, place in a greased baking tin, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Just before baking, brush with coconut oil or beaten egg and sprinkle generously with almond flakes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 25 minutes.
- Remove bread from tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.