Impress the family with your cooking skills by making this delicious vegetable curry
It doesn’t have to be stressful catering for your family or a dinner party. If you need a recipe that is both hearty, delicious and easy to make, then Almond Breeze has got you covered.
One of the ingredients in this recipe is, you guessed it, almond milk! Almond Breeze Unsweetened is great to cook with as it is delicious, versatile and has no added sugar.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make a dish this delicious while still impressing your friends with your culinary skills.
The taste and benefits of almond milk should be motivation enough for you to give this almond milk vegetable curry recipe a try, but just in case it isn’t we suggest you take a look outside! It’s curry weather, friends! ?
Makes 2 portions
- 1 cup of Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chillies finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups of cubed potatoes
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add onions and chilli and sauté until soft (roughly for 2-3 minutes).
- Add the spices, salt, and tomato paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, cauliflower and peas, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original and let simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Garnish your curry with sliced almonds, coriander, and chilli. Enjoy with rotis and sambals.
- Optional: You can thicken your curry with a roux or slurry.