Unwind, chill, relax and take it easy!
Today as we celebrate World Relaxation Day, we are encouraged to slow down, unwind and be good to ourselves. It’s a day to focus our wellness, taking care of our bodies and our minds.
When we are exhausted, we tend to gravitate toward activities and behaviours that drain us even more. We think we don’t deserve a break, so we ignore our body’s murmur for rest. Looking after ourselves and our minds will be positive for us and others around us!
Here are a few favourite ways to unwind:
- Exercise, be it yoga, a session at the gym or a walk on the beach or in nature! Get out there and get those endorphins going.
- Catch a few z’s, 20 minutes max! Anything more will leave you needing more sleep! No one likes a grouch!
- Connect with Mother Nature, head outside, sit on a bench or a blanket and let your mind get quiet. Take in the view and what is around you!
- Reflect. Make a list of your day’s achievements, what you are grateful for or simply goals for the next day!
- Tend to yourself. Pump up the music, cook your favourite dish (Try our delish recipes) or read a book!
To end it off with an inspirational quote, until next time! Keep it Breezey!
“Relax and refuse to let worry and stress rule your life. There is always a solution to every problem. Things will work out for you when you take time to relax, refresh, restore and recharge your soul.”-
Lailah Gifty Akita