Almond Milk Vegetable Curry
Makes 2 portions
- 1 cup of Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chillies finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups of cubed potatoes
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add onions and chilli and sauté until soft (roughly for 2-3 minutes).
- Add the spices, salt, and tomato paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, cauliflower and peas, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original and let simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Garnish your curry with sliced almonds, coriander, and chilli. Enjoy with rotis and sambals.
- Optional: You can thicken your curry with a roux or slurry.