- 3 cups Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original
- 6 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum (for thickening)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a saucepan, combine the cocoa powder and half of the almond milk. Stir until combined. Add remaining almond milk and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally (2-3 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until they become lighter in colour. Gradually add the sugar to the egg yolks while blending until all the sugar is evenly mixed through and dissolved. Please note, the mixture will thicken with the addition of the sugar.
- Next, add the almond milk mixture gradually into the egg and sugar mixture and blend until everything is mixed together thoroughly.
- Sift the xanthan gum into the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Pour ice-cream mix into chosen container, cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.