PASTÉIS DE NATA
PASTÉIS DE NATA by Georgia , @abiteofvegan
1 Cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk )
2 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
a pinch of turmeric (for colour)
1 roll of vegan puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to the hottest setting (between 275°C and 290°C) and grease a muffin tin
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk the milk, corn starch, vanilla, maple syrup and turmeric until it thickens and reaches a custard consistency. (around 5-7 min depending on your stove)
- Once thick remove from the heat and set aside.
- Roll your pastry into a long roll and slice into 4cm thick slices
- Place the pieces in the muffin tin, roll side up (so you can see the swirl)
- Using your fingers (dipped in water) press the pastry down in the middle making a hollow where the custard will sit. Forming the pastry into a little cup.
- Spoon the custard into the pastry leaving a little bit of space at the top because the custard does bubble.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake the tarts for 10-15 min until the custard is bubbly and dark and the pastry is crispy and light brown.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then remove from the muffin tin and enjoy !!