Yields: 8-10 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk Sweetened Original
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and stir with a whisk until well combined. Scoop 2 cups of the flour mixture into another large bowl and add the coconut oil. Using a pastry cutter or forks, cut the coconut oil into the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Pour in the Almond Breeze Almond Milk Sweetened Original and stir until a soft, sticky dough forms. If your dough seems too dry, you can add another tablespoon or two of almond milk as needed. Using your hands, knead the dough until just combined – be careful to not over-mix.
- Dump the dough onto a cutting board that has been lightly dusted with flour. Roll the dough to about a ½” thickness and cut circles using a 2″ biscuit cutter or a cup. Transfer the scones to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the scones have risen and the tops are just slightly golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Makes about 8-10 scones, depending on the size of your biscuit cutter.