The Ultimate Vegan Brownie
The Ultimate Vegan Brownie by Jo Hill
1 tin blackbeans, drained and rinsed
1 cup Almond breeze barista blend
1 squish (but you could add 1/2 cup pumpkin or apple purée)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 heaped TBS instant coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup coconut sugar or 3/4 cup xylitol
1/4 cup maple syrup or sugar-free syrup
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
Some dark chocolate, chopped
Optional: A handful of walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a brownie tray with some cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Add the beans, milk, coffee, sweetener, squish and vanilla to a blender and mix until smooth.
3. To a bowl add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips and optional walnuts) and mix together.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until smooth.
5. Lastly, add the chocolate and the optional walnuts (the mixture may be quite thin)
6. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (I always prefer to under bake as the brownies will set once cooled)
7. Slice and enjoy ♥️