Vegan Palak Paneer with Tofu
Makes 3 portions
- ⅓ cup of Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original
- 400 g tofu
- 250 g spinach
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 g garlic
- 12 g ginger
- 1 small onion
- 140 g tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice tofu into bite sized cubes.
- Boil a large pot of water and blanch the spinach just long enough for the spinach to wilt.
- Immediately plunge the blanched spinach in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the spinach. Put the spinach in a blender or food processor to puree, adding a little water if necessary.
- In a pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat, add the cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- After two minutes add the garlic, ginger, and onions, sautéing until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric and salt and then sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes and the mixture is thick and chunky.
- Add the spinach puree and tofu. Simmer over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and finish the palak paneer by adding the garam masala, Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Original and lemon juice.